The College Communications team’s mission is to tell the college’s story. We are seeking a digital communications strategist who is proactive in helping the team fulfill its mission with the creation, delivery, and maintenance of content across Davidson’s digital channels. The digital communications strategist will join a highly collaborative team of colleagues who work together to develop story ideas, build campaigns, and plan communication programs that generate engagement, build deeper connections with the college and expand Davidson’s reputation, reach and impact.
• Develop and maintain content for the main college website, positioning Davidson’s strengths, qualities and values across multiple digital properties, advancing the college’s public profile, and helping to fulfill the marketing goals of our division
• Cultivate relationships with faculty and staff across campus to help organize and enhance website content, optimized for the needs of our key stakeholders and other audiences
• Oversee workflow, governance process execution, and departmental content on college websites through design, usability/user experience, information architecture, SEO, accessibility, college style guide adherence, and the integration of multimedia
• Provide training, guidance, and support to internal users working on institutional webpages, and ensure brand standards are met, including graphic identity and style standards
• Co-manage with other digital communications staff the posting of news stories, homepage and top-level webpage content, and other website content, including text, photos/galleries, and video
• Attend workshops, training opportunities and keep up with evolving industry trends
• In addition to the main college website, this position will support digital communications across a broad portfolio of services, including the college’s social media accounts, blog sites, email marketing, internal communications, crisis management, the college’s events calendar, URL shortener service, quality assurance platform, online video, digital campaigns, and analytics and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree and field of study in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, graphic design, English, or related field
• A minimum of five years full-time professional experience in digital content management and/or digital marketing. Digital experience is required
• Availability to respond to issues or questions that may arise during evening and weekend hours
• Strong interest and aptitude in developing content for and maintaining websites; ability to learn new skills quickly; meet deadlines, adhere to project production schedules, and prioritize a large number of tasks; must be detail-oriented; and have strong communication skills
• Proficient in digital communications best practices, digital accessibility and search engine optimization. Understands responsive design. Consistently applies user-centric design principles and considers the user experience when developing and executing digital content
• Experience using open source content management systems, preferably Drupal; WordPress experience and knowledge of HTML and CSS is highly desirable
• Familiarity with Google for Business suite of products, specifically Google Workspace, Google Analytics and Google Ad Manager
• Experience creating multimedia content, including online video/audio is a plus
Send your resume and cover letter using the link to the job board posting below.
Davidson College aspires to build a diverse and collaborative community that supports the college’s primary purpose of cultivating humane instincts and disciplined, creative minds. Our collective success depends on hiring, growing, retaining and rewarding great employees from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, and abilities. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.