Head of Customer & Housing Services (Hybrid Working)
Essex, Southend on Sea
£65,000 per annum plus essential car user allowance
Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week, Monday – Friday)
Estuary Housing has an amazing opportunity for a Head of Customer & Housing Services to provide leadership and hold operational responsibility for the performance of the Housing operations and customer contact team.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Services you will assist with the implementation and help embed the new Customer strategy as they prepare for the new Social Housing Residents Charter. You will work closely with other Heads of Service to deliver amazing customer services to both internal and external stakeholders, in line with our new Customer Strategy.
About the job – what does it involve:
- You will be passionate about modernising services and be a change leader in housing services to ensure our services are up to date and able to deliver the basics brilliantly for our customers
- You will be performance driven and have experience of “what good looks like” to improve performance across your teams.
- Be a Champion of Customer Voice – be a brilliant communicator and be able to work collaboratively to embed our customer engagement, develop our customer insight, ensuring that the voices of customers are heard and represented across Estuary
- Providing leadership for direct reports from Housing management, Income & Lettings team, Customer engagement and Customer contact centre.
- You will be a great team player and able to demonstrate leadership and communication skills that motivate and take our people on the journey with you.
About you – what we’re looking for:
- You will be able to demonstrate service improvements and the impact the improvement has made to customers.
- Significant, proven experience of working in social housing or directly related fields.
- Communicating, negotiating and influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrable experience of leading self and others.
- Managing budgets.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in business and/or management.
- Relevant professional and / or business management qualification.
Due to the nature of the role you must hold a full UK driving licence and will be required to travel occasionally for meetings and conferences.
We offer a range of benefits including flexible/agile working; a generous pension scheme; healthcare cash plan; Cyclescheme and season ticket loans. Further to this you can expect 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a tailored induction programme and ongoing investment in your personal development.
So, do you think this is for you? Are you ready for the challenge? Well if you are, we would love you to apply.
*Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in the event of a high volume of applications being received*
Closing date: Friday 7th January, 2022