This PSFK Guide is a report for brands and retailers looking to enhance the personalization of their consumer journey.
The role of AI continues to evolve into a more public space, providing consumer-facing value. The ability for retailers to deliver the optimized digital shopping experience that consumers have now come to expect will depend on their application of intelligence-supported shopping journeys, both in-person and digitally. Within this report, we’ll explore how companies can learn in-the-moment preferences to enhance customer convenience, surface their information and relevant details for sales agents in real time, and enhance personalized recommendations through discovery feeds, voice, chat and text-based on-demand support.
As AI has grown in both use cases and public understanding, the need for ethical AI applications has also grown. Within this report, PSFK researchers have identified five strategies for retailers and brands to consider as they consider the use of AI in their own services, platforms and tools to provide an optimized and personalization customer journey.
What You’ll Learn In This Report
- How algorithms are improving the individualized attention a consumer wants, needs, and expects from a brand and retailer.
- How advancements in AI are making both the customer and employee experience a lot easier and faster, so humans can focus on solving more nuanced problems.
- How AI is responding to the shopper’s need for convenience and speed, enabling an even greater sense of instant gratification and a streamlined shopping experience.
- How AI is being used to ensure that in-person experiences are safer and frictionless.
- Why building in ethical and empathetic AI practices can allay the concerns of using AI technology.
What’s In This Report?
Within this customer journey personalization report, PSFK iQ researchers present the ways top retailers and brands deliver more personalized experiences using technology that make their customers feel seen and heard as unique individuals.
This report provides:
- 5 strategies to personalize the consumer journey using AI technologies
- 15 best-in-class examples of how brands and retailers are using personalization strategies to align with the desires and expectations of their consumers
- Case studies include Walmart, Ulta, Red Wing, American Airlines and more
- Market statistics and consumer insights into changing behaviors and expectations of the consumer mindset around personalized experience
Who Prepared This Report?
This report was developed by the same PSFK research department that since 2004 has provided trends-led innovation consulting advice to Apple, BMW, Facebook/Meta, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and Volkswagen
1:1 Customer Support
Brands and retailers are providing AI chatbots that free up both the sales team and the customer’s time to focus on more important tasks. As AI gets more conversational and learns to recognize emotions, facial expressions and linguistic slang, it often replaces the need for a brand’s salesperson to communicate with their clients on simpler subjects such as frequently asked questions around order status and returns, or canceling and rebooking reservations. As a result, customer…
The more that artificial intelligence enters the limelight, the more it is subject to public scrutiny. The desire to build a code of ethics and emotionally accommodate customers has expanded beyond the tech bubble to the executive board because now, brands and companies have a more acute understanding of their responsibility to ensure the technology is used ethically.
The use of artificial intelligence is augmenting our in-person experiences. From facilitating faster fitting times in retail to setting up food markets that are designed without any physical touchpoints, the technology is serving dual purposes in person – streamlining service and increasing our sense of safety. AI is enabling faster, seamless transaction times for moments that enable quicker consumption for consumers.
Red Wing Shoes Uses 3D Technology For Faster, More Customizable Fittings
The popular shoe and footwear brand is taking in-store personalization to the next level with an AI-driven “ultimate fit experience” for its customers.
Live Person’s AI Bots Create Connections That Are Anything But Artificial
The long standing conversational AI company develops personalized smart-commerce solutions that free up human service staff and deliver real business outcomes by proactively taking consumer intent into account.
Spotify Uses Visuals, Emotions, And AI To Create A Personalized Listening Experience
The globally popular audio and media streaming service is expanding its personalization features with the help of artificial intelligence, delivering users the most optimal experience possible.